Lviv Polytechnic National University
Scientific and Research Institute of Law and Psychology
Public organization "Association for doctors of philosophy (PhD) of Ukraine"
III INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC-PRACTICAL CONFERENCE
"IT LAW: ISSUES AND DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS IN UKRAINE"
November 16, 2018 Lviv
We invite you to take part in the III INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC-PRACTICAL CONFERENCE
"IT LAW: ISSUES AND DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS IN UKRAINE" which will be held on November 16, 2018.
The venue of the conference: Lviv 1/3 Kniazia Romana Str., conference room (room 302).
To participate in the conference the representatives of state authorities of Ukraine, international organizations, public organizations, scientists, teaching staff of scientific-educational institutions, postgraduate students, doctoral candidates and professionals who deal with the issues of IT law are invited.
The aim of the conference is to conduct scientific-practical discussion on the formation and development of the legal relations related to the use of information technology.
Subject matter of the conference
Section 1. Public law issues of the IT sector:
- regularities and principles of IT law creation;
- ensuring the rights and freedoms of man and citizen, legitimate interests of society and the state in IT law;
- It law: issues, priorities, courses of development;
- information security in IT, the organization of activity of subjects of information security;
- Data protection in the US and the EU. GDPR;
- ensuring of the right to privacy in IT (Internet, Social networking service, Cloud Technology, Big Data, Mobile device);
- consumer right protection when buying online;
- legal fundamentals for the use of Blockchain technology;
- legal aspects of cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency exchange and legal principles of trading. ICO. Smart Contracts;
- prejudicial and judicial block (constraints) and block access to a specific (identified) information resource (service);
- liability for offences (crimes) in IT;
- cybercrime and cyber threats. Combating cybercrime (skimming, cash trapping; phishing; online fraud; piracy; cardsharing; social engineering; malvar; illegal content; refiling);
- the criminal procedural aspects of the investigation of cybercrimes and crimes in IT;
- IT law of foreign countries, comparative law in IT law.
Section 2. Civil law issues in the IT:
- legal regulation of IT activity and services of IT lawyer;
- entrepreneurship and launch startups. Legal aspects of crowdfunding;
- legal support for startups. Associate Agreement;
- cloud technologies and databases in the legal profession, the non-disclosure agreement and the system of legal protection of commercial clasified information;
- the agreement on the development of software;
- VR (ownership rights to virtual objects, intellectual property rights and the like);
- agreements on transfer of intellectual property rights and protection of intellectual property rights on the Internet in Ukraine and abroad;
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE
The registration fee for International participants is 50 EUR.
Fee for direct participation covers:
- the opportunity to listen to plenary talk and expert panel discussions, participate in breakout sessions;
- publication of the conference materials on the website aphd.ua in the Bulletin of the Association of doctors of philosophy, which will be dedicated exclusively to matters of IT law (electronic and printed publishing at the same time);
- participation in informal meetings at coffee breaks and festive dinner after the conference. Persons interested in participating in international conference should e-mail conference papers on address email@example.com not later than November 5, 2018. Details for payment for participation in the conference will be sent to participants after conference papers check for compliance with the requirements of the publication within 1-2 business days.
Requirements to publications:
- The conference papers should be made on the current topic, contain the results of scientific studies, edited and neatly arranged.
- Materials that do not correspond to IT-related topics and requirements for registration and those submitted after the deadline will not be considered and will not be returned.
- Work will be checked for plagiarism. The organizers can refuse to publish due to the presence of textual borrowing or low quality publications.
- The size of the conference paper (thesis) is up to 6 pages in A4 page format (297х210 mm), portrait orientation. Margins: top - 15, bottom - 15, right – 15, left – 20, font – Times New Roman, size – 14, line spacing – 1,5, style – Normal.
- The text can contain only the final reference (in square brackets there is the number of the source from the list provided at the end of the conference paper).
- The pages are not numbered. • The first line is the name of the section in accordance with the list specified above (font Times New Roman № 12, right); second row –surname and name (or initials) of the author (normal font, semibold, right alignment). The third line – academic degree, academic rank, position. The next paragraph should contain the conference title in capital letters • At the end of the text of the report, if necessary, place the list of references.
Directions to the conference venue, accommodation and meals are paid by participants themselves or by the sending side.
Bachynskyi Taras +38 (097) 218-42-75 (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Radeiko Roman +38 (097) 951-87-25 (email@example.com)
General contact email firstname.lastname@example.org